Thursday, July 5, 2012

Toppel Stars: Daniela Noguera

Meet Daniela Noguera, a University of Miami senior currently working as a Web Producer at Telemundo Networks/NBC Universal.  Daniela will graduate from UM in May 2013 with majors in Broadcast Journalism and International Relations.  We asked Daniela to share how she found this position and offer any advice for other Canes going through the job search process.

 How did you find out about the position?

I was contacted by my mentor who took care of me while I interned in the Telemundo Digital Media department in fall 2011. The funny thing was that she wrote on my Facebook wall saying "Dani, what are you doing for the next few months?" and the rest is history.

Did you have internships before applying for the job?

Yes, I had an internship with Telemundo's Digital Media Department. Then, I was hired to work for them in May 2012.

What was the interview and recruitment process like? 

Everything was smooth, as if it was meant to be. In fact, I believe it was meant to be. From the moment I set foot in Telemundo's offices, I knew I was in the right place.

What made you choose the company?

NBCUniversal and Telemundo have a special characteristic that no other company/network has. There is a sense of unity, growth and innovation. Telemundo is a family, that wants all of its people to succeed. They encourage you to put your ideas and have a voice. Its pure love for what I have for NBCU and Telemundo. 

If you could give one piece of advice to other job seekers, what would it be?

Just be yourself, show people what you can bring to the table. Remember, you are 1 in 6 billion, we all think and act differently, so everyone has something new to offer. Do not be afraid to think outside the box and express your ideas, but most importantly, always have faith. 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After reading this interview, I have no doubt that she is the right person for this job. I believe Daniela is going to succeed in every aspect of her life. She deserves the best because she always gives the best. I'm glad that she is getting what she has dreamed for. My best wishes to her and congratulations for all of your acomplishments!.