Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Looking Back…

Written By Claire Arritola


As a graduating senior, I am walking the campus with a mix of emotions. I am beyond excited to graduate and to start a new chapter, but I am also very sad to leave UM. As I walked into work today at Toppel, I made note of the fact that my days were numbered; soon I would not be making my familiar walk from Pavia to Stanford Circle. Now that I am a senior, I can safely say that I have made some mistakes and had some successes as well. As a freshman, I entered UM without having too much direction and looking back on my experience I realized that I could have navigated that path a little better. They always say that “hindsight is 20/20,” but now I actually believe this saying. So here are my top 5 tips for freshman:
1) Try new things!
2) Get involved!
3) Choose a mentor!
4) Get to know people in your classes, you will eventually need them.
5) Enjoy your time at UM, it goes by so fast!

Four finals now separate me from graduation. I will miss everyone at Toppel very much and have learned so many great skills. No matter what year you are in school just remember that the time goes by very fast, for better or for worst. Take advantage of the resources that you have now and enjoy your time here!

No comments: